Historical Society is dedicated to community enrichment through
education and preservation of the history and culture of the Greenbrier
1. To maintain and operate a museum that will discover, collect
and preserve materials pertaining to the history of, or in any manner
illustrative of the Greenbrier area, and will exhibit materials of this
2. To maintain and operate a research center which will be the depository
maps, manuscripts, iconographic and published materials of the Greenbrier
area and will make these materials available to the public in order to
promote historical research of the area.
3. To undertake an education program which will promote and stimulate
public interest in and appreciation of the history of the Greenbrier
4. To disseminate knowledge about the Greenbrier area through the
preparation, editing, and publication of historical materials descriptive
and illustrative of these areas, especially through a journal and newsletter.
5. To reach out to the Greenbrier community through activities and
which will enlighten the public about the history of the Greenbrier area.